Taumarunui, is a rural service town situated in the centre of the King Country. It is about 40 minutes drive from the Summer and Winter playgrounds of New Zealand’s North Island; Lake Taupo – famous for its trout fishing, and Mount Ruapehu’s Whakapapa and Turoa Skifields.read more
As well as providing an excellent golfing experience, Taumarunui Golf Club has proved to be a popular venue for a range of events, such as Weddings, Corporate and Client Functions, Re-unions etc. We are happy to take bookings for your Christmas Function as well.read more
TUESDAY TWILIGHT GOLF…
…is starting again from Tuesday 11 November 2014
Rules and information
1. Teams: Teams must consist of 2 players (can be mixed)
2. Entry: Twilight golf is a purely social competition there is no entry fee and no prizes. You are competing for bragging rights!
3. Competition format: The competition format will change every week. For the first round on Tuesday 11 November 2014 the format will be “Best Ball” over 9 holes. Players play their own ball on each hole and record the best stableford score as their team score.
4. Tee off: The format is intended to be flexible to allow for competitors to fit the competition around their family and work commitments. There will be no starter and no organised tee times. Teams will be able to tee off at any time roughly between 4 pm and 7 pm depending on daylight hours.
5. Handicaps: Players play off their own handicaps. Players still pending to use – Men: 30 Ladies: 40. Teams including a Junior can set a handicap for the Junior member they consider to be fair. The organisers reserve the right to adjust handicaps as the competition progresses.
6. Results: Results will be emailed out to participants the following week (i.e. there will be no prizegiving) so please leave your email address with your card.
Members who know someone who is keen to learn golf are asked to encourage them to join our club (possibly as a summer member) and introduce them to golf through Tuesday Twilight Golf.
If you have any questions or queries please contact Stephen Fox or Laal Bhullar.